Pages

Sunday 9 March 2014

Baking Birthday Cakes

Today is Grants birthday and I really wanted to bake him a birthday cake waking up early was my perfect opportunity to start. I found a recipe which said it was the "best chocolate cake ever" now that is a statement! I tend to not bake chocolate cakes as I find there either too dry or not enough of a strong chocolate taste. Grant loves anything chocolate so I decided to half the recipe and use a loaf tin which worked perfectly so we could have slices warm with cream yum! http://addapinch.com/cooking/2013/01/25/the-best-chocolate-cake-recipe-ever/#axzz2vUWaDc1s




When I had mixed the ingredients together and added the boiling water I thought I had done something wrong the mixture was really runny and bubbly but it turned out great! We have an old
cooker so I ended up baking for an hour on gas mark 5.

Our verdict a lovely moist chocolatey cake which was very easy to make will keep this recipe for the future and maybe try a round cake. Happy Sunday x

No comments:

Post a Comment