Pages

Sunday 23 March 2014

My IVF Journey (part 2)

.......continued from part 1. Our third cycle we went back to see Dr Mauro at Bourn Hall, I must admit I was very tempted to change clinics after our last cycle but after seeing Dr Mauro I felt on a high.

What I did/changed this cycle:

  • Hot yoga upto egg collection - I have practised yoga before but not hot yoga a new clinic opened up near me called Pow yoga and with a great offer I started going four times a week up to  egg collection. It was really good for my body and mind, I lost weight and felt very calm. Would highly recommend.
  • Vitamins - I did take basic multi vitamins for both previous rounds, this cycle I started taking Bee pollen, propolis & royal jelly, B6, Flaxseed & Maca. Grant also took vitamins this cycle they weren't for fertility just a good multi vitamin. 
  • Acupuncture - I decided to do 8 sessions of electro acupuncture as I felt these really worked for my lining and follicle growth. I think it's a matter of preference as I felt doing acupuncture before and after transfer would have made me more stressed but I know people who find it relaxes them. 
  • Positive thinking - I know it sounds corny but I never gave up hope that one day I would become a 'mummy'. I read 'The Secret' just as my cycle started and used positive affirmations to visualise my baby, yoga helped with this as well. I tried to meditate most days and used relaxing music at night. 
  • Short Antagonist Cycle - the most important part for me was changing cycles, once I had discussed with Dr Mauro about my low AMH and producing lots of follicles but not many eggs we changed to a short cycle so no down regulation (no horrific moods wings).
  • Pippelle scratch - a procedure where the lining of the womb is scratched to help promote the embryo to stick. The procedure wasn't at all bad just a tiny amount of discomfort.
  • Clexane - blood thinner which can help stop any clotting disorders which can help implantation. 

Most of all don't give up hope, I really believed I needed to change my cycle and luckily I had a great consultant who listened and allowed me to. Go with you gut feeling and keep telling yourself "I WILL BE A MUMMY". 

Our final round we got 13 eggs and 7 fertilised, 6 embabies made it to day 5 we had one top quality blastocyst transferred and have 5 frozen! Proof you should never give up xxx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello I came off Clexane just after 12 weeks I didn't want to! X

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    Have you been diagnosed with any clotting issues before? I know that some women are on till the end, but because certain clotting problems were diagnosed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello I haven't been diagnosed with clotting issues they think I had implantation issues. As this was my last NHS go the consultant said it wouldn't hurt. X

      Delete