Pages

Thursday 13 March 2014

Breakfast Smoothie x

When I started this final round of IVF I was really into Hot Yoga and healthy eating. One of my favourite ways of getting vitamins and goodness was having a smoothie or juice for breakfast. These past 22 weeks I have been really naughty and not really thinking about how much healthy eating is important through pregnancy. Now the sun has made a appearance it's made me think about more about having smoothies for breakfast again. So this morning I made one of my favourites:


Ingredients: Banana (small) - high in potassium and vitamin B6 they are also good at settling stomach acids during when feeling sick.
Porridge Oats - great source of Folic Acid and helps you feel full as it releases energy slowly.
Coconut milk (not can) - coconuts are full of electrolytes and potassium they also have magnesium and calcium and anti fungal and anti bacterial properties.
Peanut butter (Whole Earth no sugar) - tablespoon, obviously don't use this if your allergic to nuts. Peanuts are a great source of protein but are really calorific so try not to over indulge.
Flaxseed (1 teaspoon) - again I took these before pregnancy and throughout the first trimester so knew I wouldn't react. There high in fibre so great for constipation, good for omega 3 which is great for baby's development in the first trimester.
Greek yogurt - great source of protein and is the top ten of pregnancy foods. It's also a good source of calcium.

I also added a tiny bit of maple syrup to taste which is better than sugar and also a sprinkle of cinnamon. This smoothie is lovely if you want to start you day packed with goodness and have something to keep you going until lunch. You could add strawberries, mango, blueberries etc but please be careful if you have allergies during pregnancy you can take out flaxseed and have Chia seeds.

Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment